What is the National Association of the Remodeling Industry
NARI’s CORE PURPOSE:
To advance and promote the remodeling industry’s professionalism, product and vital public purpose.
NARI's CORE VALUES:
The National Association of the Remodeling Industry is committed to being:
Professional: Ethical and honest; committed to high standards
Open: Diverse and respectful; inclusive of many views and dedicated to free expression
Progressive: Informed and knowledgeable; resourceful and flexible
Member Focused: Focused on the importance of success, return on investment and profit lives
NARI's Code of Ethics
Each member of the National Association of the Remodeling Industry is pledged to observe high standards of honesty, integrity and responsibility in the conduct of business. If a homeowner believes a member to be violating these, there is a grievance process set up to rectify the situation.
Every NARI member agrees to uphold these Code of Ethics:
- Promoting in good faith only those products and services which are known to be functionally and economically sound, and which are known to be consistent with objective standards of health and safety.
- Making all advertising and sales promotion factually accurate, avoiding those practices which tend to mislead or deceive the customer.
- Writing all contracts and warranties such that they comply with federal, state, and local laws.
- Promptly acknowledging and taking appropriate action on all customer complaints.
- Refraining from any act intended to restrain trade or suppress competition.
- Obtaining and retaining insurance as required by federal, state, and local authorities.
- Obtaining and retaining licensing and/or registration as required by federal, state, and local authorities.
- Taking appropriate action to preserve the health and safety of employees, trade contractors and clients.