NARI Certified Lead Carpenters (CLCs) are the hands-on field personnel who oversee every aspect of the project: customer satisfaction, personnel management, administration, etc. while working on the project.
To qualify for the CLC designation, applicants must meet all of the following:
- Have a minimum of five years continuous practice in the remodeling industry, with at least two of those years as a lead carpenter - defined as a remodeling professional who is involved in tasks and has responsibilities beyond the technical production aspects of a project; he or she is responsible for customer contact and communication, supervision of subcontractors and employees, managing the job site, scheduling, and safety issues
- Adhere to NARI’s Standards of Practice and Code of Ethics
- Successfully completed a comprehensive application that details their background and experience
- Successfully complete a half-day written examination on pre-construction issues, technical knowledge, and special skills (people and job management)
- Submit all required application materials and fees
Fees for certification:
Annual renewal fee:
*If an applicant is found to not be qualified to sit for the exam, this feel will be refunded, minus a $100 processing charge.