Certified Remodeler (CR)
NARI Certified Remodelers (CRs) are professional remodelers who provide a full range of remodeling services. To become a CR, candidates must possess skill and knowledge in a broad range of business management and technical skill areas.
To qualify for the CR designation, applicants must meet all of the following:
- Be employed by or own a firm that derives at least 90% of its sales volume through remodeling work
- Adhere to NARI’s Standards of Practice and Code of Ethics
- Have a minimum of five years continuous experience in the remodeling industry
- Completed 16 hours of continuing education
- Successfully completed a comprehensive application that details their background and experience
- Successfully complete a one-day written examination addressing 20 knowledge areas related to general remodeling practices and business
- Submit all required application materials and fees
Click here to download CR, CRS, CRA Program Manual and Application.
Fees for certification:
Annual renewal fee:
*If an applicant is found to not be qualified to sit for the exam, this feel will be refunded, minus a $200 processing charge.
Is an online study group more convenient for you to prepare for the test? Check out NARI’s online CR/CRA/CRS prep program.
Fees for the online prep program: