Designed to recognize and identify remodelers who apply green or sustainable principles to their remodeling projects.
To qualify for the GCP designation, applicants must meet all of the following:
- Be employed by or own a firm engaged in conducting green remodeling projects
- Adhere to NARI’s Standards of Practice and Code of Ethics
- Have a minimum of two years continuous full time experience in the remodeling industry
- Completed 16 hours of green or sustainable-related continuing education or be enrolled in the NARI Green course.
- Successfully completed a comprehensive application that details their background and experience
- Successfully complete a one-day written examination on building science, indoor air quality, resource conservation, renewable energy, and 12 trade related areas of green program application
- Submit all required application materials and fees
Fees for certification:
Annual renewal fee:
*If an applicant is found to not be qualified to sit for the exam, this feel will be refunded, minus a $200 processing charge.