A certification identifies you as a dedicated professional and acknowledges your personal achievements, improves your level of practice and highlights you as an industry leader.
NARI’s certification is also a powerful marketing tool, providing clients with assurance that they’re choosing expert professionals with not only years of experience and a commitment to ethical conduct, but also a dedication to ongoing training.
Consumers view certified individuals as:
- Better trained
- More highly skilled
- More professional
- More reliable
- More ethical
- More knowledgeable, with up-to-date information on the latest tools, trends, techniques and materials
- Quality-oriented with a sense of pride in his/her work
How does a remodeling contractor become certified?
- Receive an acceptable review by the NARI Certification Board by providing an outline detailing their hands-on experience, industry training, involvement in continuing education, technical skills, practices in business management, as well as association and community service.
- Commit to intensive study on a broad range of critical home improvement industry issues. Most certification candidates participate in a formal study group and spend eight to twelve weeks studying in preparation for a written exam.
- Successfully complete a comprehensive written examination covering critical subject areas such as sound business management practices, knowledge of building codes and construction law, plans and specification, proper and safe use of tools and equipment, safety, standards of practice, math, and several special skill areas. Once awarded their certification, NARI certified remodeling professionals must meet annual recertification requirements involving continuing education and participation in industry-related programs.
CR/CRS/CRA (Certified Remodeler, Certified Remodeler Specialist, Certified Remodeler Associate)
MCR (Master Certified Remodeler)
CKBR (Certified Kitchen and Bath Remodeler)
GCP (Green Certified Professional)
CLC (Certified Lead Carpenter)
CRPM (Certified Remodeler Project Manager)
UDCP (Universal Design Certified Professional)
NARI has a library of more than 60 Webinars that can be viewed at your leisure. Each Webinar is worth 1 CEU. Visit NARI.org/learning to see a list of Webinars.
NARI also has partnered with a variety of online providers and tradeshows to help NARI members stay current and gain CEUs. Click here for a list of outside providers.