The Certified GreenHome Professional Program addresses the concepts of Green Remodeling; building science, energy, health, materials, water, place and the green home certification programs and value. This program is now run for NARI by the nonprofit called the GreenHome Institute.
Key Points Covered:
- You will learn how to apply building science to your remodeling and understanding the house as a system
- You will learn the systems and techniques necessary to ensure good air quality
- You will learn how to assemble a team to conduct a green remodel including the attribute necessary in each member
- You be approved and learn how to a simple energy modeling and labeling program to assess a home to make the best decisions on energy reduction vs payback
- You will understand different components of building material options and what makes them sustainable
- Introduction to emerging concepts and techniques such as zero energy capable homes, accessibility and reduced exposure to electromagnetic fields.
- And many more
The CGHP will develop high performance remodeling and green building competencies in design, remodeler, and field professionals. The GreenHome Associates (GHA) course is an on demand, just in time, open book and open note based training course that is online and is the foundation to getting your professional credential. Once you pass this course you will be qualified to use the GreenStar Homes Certification program.
To qualify for the CGHP designation, applicants must meet all of the following:
Fees for training:
Annual renewal fee:
*If an applicant is found to not be qualified to sit for the exam, this fee will be refunded, minus a $125 processing charge.
RELATED BLOG POST
NARI’s green education program introduces a different way of thinking
CERTIFICATION PREP PROGRAMS:
These online, multi-week courses not only provide you additional information you can use to improve your business immediately, they also prepare you to take a certification exam, if you choose to do so.