Certified Kitchen and Bath Remodeler (CKBR)
Are you a remodeler that specializes in kitchens and bathrooms?
Are you looking for a way to set yourself apart from the competition?
If so, then NARI’s CKBR designation may be for you.
Key Points Covered:
- You will learn business operations and procedures that will help drive your company to success.
- You will learn the key financial indicators that a remodeler/business owner must be aware of to manage a remodeling company successfully.
- You will learn the various marketing tools kitchen and bathroom remodelers use to promote their services.
- You will learn the ins and outs of building codes and dealing with code officials
- You will learn the fundamentals of jobsite evaluation and how to look for hidden defects and unknown conditions.
- You will learn the capabilities of the various trades required on kitchen and bathroom remodeling projects and how to determine if the job has been done right.
- And much, much more.
The CKBR Study Group will fine tune your competencies in all areas essential to success as a residential remodeling professional that specializes in kitchen and bathroom remodeling. The CKBR Study Group is a facilitated program that will build your knowledge in the areas of residential remodeling specific to kitchen and bathrooms and serves as preparation for the Certified Kitchen and Bath Remodeler (CKBR) exam.
NARI Certified Kitchen and Bath Remodelers (CKBRs) provide remodeling services specific to kitchens and bathrooms. To become a CKBR, candidates must possess skills and knowledge focused on the requirements of materials, layout, and installation of kitchens and bathrooms.
To qualify for the CKBR designation, applicants must meet all of the following:
- Be employed by or own a firm engaged in the remodeling of kitchens and bathrooms
- Adhere to NARI’s Standards of Practice and Code of Ethics
- Have a minimum of five years continuous experience in the remodeling industry
- Have completed four kitchens and/or bathrooms per year
- Completed 16 hours of continuing education
- Successfully completed a comprehensive application that details their background and experience
- Successfully complete a one-day written examination on business, construction, and remodeling practices related to kitchen and bathrooms
- Submit all required application materials and fees
Fees for certification:
Annual renewal fee:
*If an applicant is found to not be qualified to sit for the exam, this fee will be refunded, minus a $125 processing charge.
Fees for the online prep program:
**NO refunds will be provided for any reason for cancellations 48 hours prior to the class start date.