CLC Topic Review
Communication and People Skills.
Questions from this topic make up 9 to 10% of the current exam
- List the four elements of effective on-the-job communications.
- Describe the characteristics of the different levels of communication.
- Describe the various components that make up non-verbal communications.
- List the typical roadblocks to good listening skills.
- Describe the keys to effective listening.
- List and describe the five keys to success for working with crews.
Questions from this topic make up 3 to 4% of the exam
- Describe the basic guidelines for supervising others on the jobsite.
- Describe the cautions to be exercised when teaching or correcting an individual.
- List the major personnel issues that jobsite supervisors face daily.
- Describe the basic guidelines for working with a sub-contractor.