KBIS Universal Design Certified Professional (UDCP)
The first 4 people to enroll and attend the class and certification exam will receive a VTFI 3 day pass.
The Universal Design Certified Professional (UDCP) Program addresses the concepts of Universal Design; client’s needs assessment, design applications, construction techniques, electrical systems, and plumbing systems.
Key Points Covered:
- You will learn the fundamentals of universal design as applied to residential remodeling.
- You will learn how to conduct a client needs assessment to evaluate the application of universal design to the client’s remodeling project.
- You will learn specific universal design applications used in residential remodeling.
- You will learn construct techniques used to implement universal design applications to a remodeling project.
- You will learn plumbing and electrical applications unique to universal design remodeling.
- You will learn the differences between model building codes and the ones described within the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
The UDCP develops universal design and construction competencies in the professional conducting residential remodeling projects. The UDCP course is a structured class of universal design and remodeling fundamentals and serves as a prep course for UDCP Certification.
NARI Universal Design Certified Professionals are recognized as experienced remodelers with skills and knowledge in all aspects of universal design and remodeling.
Requirement for certification as a UDCP:
- Be primarily engaged in remodeling
- Have a minimum of two years continuous experience in the remodeling industry
- Adhere to NARI’s Standards of Practice and Code of Ethics
- Completed a minimum of 8 hours of universal design remodeling/building-related education or be enrolled in the NARI Universal Design course
- Successfully completed a comprehensive application that details their background and experience
- Successfully complete a written examination addressing knowledge areas related to universal design fundamentals, client needs assessments, project design, construction techniques, electrical systems, plumbing systems and exterior universal design considerations
- Submit all required application materials and fees
Fees for certification:
Fees for the prep program at KBIS:
**NO refunds will be provided for any reason for cancellations 48 hours prior to the class start date.
Annual renewal fee:
*If an applicant is found to not be qualified to sit for the exam, this fee will be refunded, minus a $100 processing charge.