NARI University is designed to help you make your company more profitable, navigate the critical issues facing the remodeling industry and identify industry and product trends. You will need to click on Event Registration at the top of each topic page to complete the registration process.
All NARI University events will run from noon to 1 p.m. Central Standard time.
September 21, 2017 Noon CT: Social Media for Your Business
Presented by: Emily Finley, Senior Corporate Communications Manager, Marvin Windows and Doors
With the increased monetization of social media, engaging with your audience is no longer free. As one social media expert recently wrote, “Put your money where your post is.” Attracting an engaged social media audience on the most popular platforms, such as Facebook, Instagram and Houzz, requires planning, funding and time. Join us for this webinar to learn more about which social media platforms are worth the effort and how to up your business’ impact on them.
September 26, 2017 Noon CT: Create Interprofessional Teams for Living In Place
Your clients deserve the best possible solutions, the first time, every time. Now, more than ever, it is vital to have qualified interprofessional teams for all your projects. Learn from the experts:
- The value of interprofessional teams (this can include the above analogy)
- Characteristics of high performance teams
- Choosing team members
- How to create interprofessional teams
October 19, 2017 Noon CT: Holiday Refreshes from Kohler
With the holiday season right around the corner, get your clients ready for all of the entertaining they’ll be doing. From innovative, clean features in the bathroom, to functional and expressive styles in the kitchen, you can quickly and easily give your clients a refreshed look. In this webinar, we’ll discuss what consumers are looking to get out of these spaces, especially when it comes to having guests interact with them, key products and pairings that meet their needs that will help them to show off their personal style, and tools and resources that Kohler has designed specifically for the professional.
October 24, 2017 Noon CT: How To Easily Generate Positive Online Reviews
Presenter: Brian Dickerson, Townsquare Interactive
Establishing a strong reputation online is critical to earning new business. Learn what goes into the decision-making process when homeowners consider a remodeling project and how you can generate online reviews that bring you more business.
These Webinars are free but require registration.
RE-Evaluating Kitchen Surfacing
Description: The design of the common modular kitchen has, for almost a century, remained largely unchanged. Veering away from its basic conceptual arrangement, this course presents a discussion on the use of quartz surfacing in innovative kitchen design concepts that are created with optimal functionality in mind. Also reviewed are the characteristics, performance benefits, and application possibilities of quartz surfacing.
Custom Showering with Kohler
Description: At Kohler, we believe a shower should transform the user and make the journey of their day more meaningful and memorable. Our showering experiences are designed to make the daily ritual an escape from the ordinary. With more and more consumers looking for custom solutions that will provide a spa-like experience, only Kohler has everything you need to create to deliver on that expectation. In this session, we’ll explore the product solutions, resources, and support that Kohler offers to help you create the space of your client’s dreams. While we believe a shower can be many things, it should never be ordinary. When you step into a KOHLER® shower, the only question is, where do you want to go?
Clearing the Air: Fresh Ideas in Kitchen Ventilation
Focus of Presentation: help you increase effectiveness of kitchen ventilation within your design spaces
- Importance of Good Ventilation
- Key Concepts and Terms
- Design Considerations
- Style, Design, and Product Specification Options
- Client Communication
Your Customers Are Talking About You: Do You Know What They Are Saying?
Thanks to social media, you no longer own your brand – your customers do. With the click of a mouse or the tap of a finger, your customer can tell the world about their experience, and strangers will use that information to make decisions about whether to buy from you. Learn what you need to know about customer service in the post-internet world, including:
- Just what are your customers saying about you?
- Is social media scaring away your customers?
- How do you change the stories your customers are telling?
Remodeling for Independence and Dignity – Without Talking About It!
Because almost 90% of seniors want to continue to Live In Place™ in their homes and 70% of seniors now remodel for safety, this webinar will help your business prosper and grow for this market.
You will learn the importance of a standardized app checklist to quickly and accurately evaluate the needs and make recommendations for all your clients, and help reduce your liability.
At the end of this session you will be able to:
- Understand how to sell designs and products for independence and dignity without talking about it.
- Go beyond Universal Design and Aging-In-Place with the most up-to-date information available to recommend and provide safety solutions for every project.
- Recognize the benefits of establishing a collaborative team to meet your clients’ needs.
- Increase your business and profits through a solid business approach to accessibility, comfort and safety.
Nail down your employee costs to raise profits (or How underestimating the true cost of field labor can kill profits)
Ask any contractor what’s hardest to estimate, and s/he will probably say labor. As difficult as it may be to predict how long it will take your crew to complete a set of tasks, it’s nearly as challenging to know how much it will cost you to get those tasks done.
This session reviews the hard and soft costs associated with getting that one hour of work done, and explores the consequences of failing to do so.
Designing to Disguise: The Art of Hiding Technology
Home electronics should integrate seamlessly into a home's design and décor. This course reviews the three-pronged approach to hiding technology - advance planning, design philosophy, and product selection - which are available for minimizing the visual impact of electronics without compromising performance. Specific challenges and recommendations related to hiding video displays, projectors, speakers, controls, cameras, and equipment racks - among others - will be addressed. This course speaks to innovative and creative ways to lessen the visual impact of electronics by making them low-profile, hidden or camouflaged, or even invisible!
Learning objectives for this course:
- Review various residential systems and technologies and the unique approaches that can be used in the concealment process.
- Discuss how advance planning, design philosophy, and product selection affect the proper functionality of the installed products without compromising design integrity and aesthetics.
- Discuss methods and strategies for hiding technology in safe, convenient, and secure methods.
- Analyze technology implementation planning process.
KOHLER Toilets are on the leading edge of design and innovation. From our sleek, clean designs, to utilizing the latest technology in our intelligent toilets, Kohler offers a solution to meet every client's needs. Join us on May 23rd, to learn more about Kohler's Toilet Leadership and see some of our new products. All webinar attendees will be entered into a drawing for a chance to win a 2pc Cimarron Skirted Toilet!
Closing the Loop: The estimating to job costing process using QuickBooks
Too often, successful estimating done outside of QuickBooks leads to ineffective job costing in QuickBooks because the system for building the estimate doesn’t match your QuickBooks setup. Learn how to start from your estimating system, build a parallel job costing system in QuickBooks, enter data correctly, and follow through with useful job cost reports. If you’re not using estimates in QuickBooks now, see what they can do for you. If you’re not confident about the accuracy or completeness of your job cost reports, learn how to improve them. If your invoices show too much, too little, or just don’t look the way you want them to, find out how to modify them so they work for you.
- Discover how to create an appropriate match between the way you estimate and the way you job cost
- Follow the steps in QuickBooks from entering an estimate to creating (and making sense of) the job cost reports
Proper Planning for Residential Electronic Systems
As with other rough-in trades (mechanical, electrical, and plumbing), electronic systems should be planned for well in advance of construction and documented at the construction drawing phase of design. This course describes the processes used by professionals in the project planning, design, and installation phases of electronic systems. Participants will be able to identify different types of residential systems and the unique impact of each on specific design considerations, such as space, framing, electrical, and ventilation requirements. This course will also help attendees identify and analyze the benefits of working with trained electronic systems professionals.
- Identify the different types of residential systems and unique considerations of each
- Describe the processes used by professionals in the project planning, design, and installation phases of electronic systems
- Determine electronic systems impact on the design and construction relative to:
- Space allocation
- Framing requirements
- Electrical and conduit requirements
- Ventilation and millwork requirements
- Home theater design
- Recognize essential timeline for selecting and engaging an electronic systems professional for your project
Using Electronic Adaptive Technologies to help People Live in Place
Because almost 90% of seniors want to continue to Live In Place™ in their homes and 70% of seniors now remodel for safety, this webinar will help your business prosper and grow for this market. And many of these people are relying on electronic technologies in their home to make living much easier.
As more and more individuals, especially older ones, choose to stay in their home, there are many challenges that they encounter. Electronic assistive technologies can make Living In Place easier and a much more conducive possibility.
At the end of this session you will be able to:
- Understand the State of Electronic Assistive Technologies & Trends
- The sort of Electronic Assistive Technologies for:
- Mobility Challenged
- Hearing Challenged
- Vision Challenged
- Cognition Challenged
- Overall Home Safety
- How to sell and service these in your business.
How Consumer Financing Can Significantly Boost Your Sales
Recently, a leading home improvement business in Cleveland increased sales by double-digits by offering financing as part of their standard selling practice to every customer. How did they do it? Technology played a key role. So did a few proven sales techniques, a simple message and a little applied psychology.
In this webinar, we’ll provide easy-to-follow guidelines on how you can use consumer financing as a tool to close more sales, increase average order value, improve your cash-flow and grow your business.
- If you don’t currently offer financing, you’ll learn how to drive higher close rates by offering the right financing program to the right customer at the right time. More customers say “yes” when offered flexible financing solutions.
- If you currently offer financing, you’ll learn how to upsell larger jobs by deploying a few simple sales techniques and an effective, easy to use mobile app.
- We’ll use real-world examples to show your sales team how easy it is to offer financing as part of the sales process.
- You’ll learn how the right financing partner can help you get paid faster and significantly improve your cash flow.
Consumer financing is the fastest way to grow your business in 2017. Join us as GreenSky’s Senior Vice President of Sales, Jeffrey Gold, shares how easy it is to leverage today’s most advanced financial services technology to sell more.
The Five Keys to More Leads, More Sales and More Thrilled Customers!
Do you want to grow your remodeling business in 2017? If so, it’s really time to rethink sales and marketing as we’ve known it!
Consider this… over the past few years the way people buy (and shop) has changed dramatically, but, most companies are still using the same outdated strategies and methods in their way of doing business. This HAS to change!
In this special webinar, we will be joined by Tim Musch - Director of Business Development at MarketSharp, who will detail 5 easy-to-implement strategies guaranteed to result in more leads, more sales and more thrilled customers who will spread the word about your company.
You’ll learn how to properly align your marketing and sales efforts with TODAY’s consumer which is critical for success in our changed marketplace. In 2017, consumers are demanding a buying experience that meets THEIR needs and it’s your job to craft this experience that makes your company irresistible.
Some of the powerful items covered include...
- What Bob Dylan, Vince Lombardi, Bill Gates, and Steve Jobs have to say about optimizing your success
- Why you might be “Looking for Leads in all the WRONG Places”
- How to easily generate cost effective leads when you need them through ‘Micro Marketing”
- Why you HAVE to strike the right balance between online and offline marketing
- Specific strategies to turn your unsold leads into profitable business (huge)
- How to put your follow-up efforts on autopilot
- Simple processes to easily create "lifetime" customers (repeat/referral business)
- How you can grow your business this year by over 60% while only getting 10% better at what you do (really!)
- What is Conversion Rate Optimization (CRO) and why it’s critical to your success
- How to breathe life into and convert more of your internet leads
- Proactive methods to consistently get profitable referrals
- How to proactively stimulate positive online reviews for your business
- The secret to stop important things from "falling through the cracks"
- What Key Performance Indicator (KPI) numbers you absolutely need to know about your business
- Much More!
- When: Thursday, November 10th
- Time: 1:00 pm EST (adjust for your time zone)
- Investment: Complimentary, courtesy of NARI
Bottom Line: After joining us for this special webinar you will be in a position to generate MORE leads with LESS cost throughout 2017!
Missed this webinar click here to view the recording
Lobby Your Local Representative: It’s Easier than you think
For many Americans the thought of lobbying their elected officials is daunting. Yet, officials need to hear from their constituents in order to fully do their job. This webinar will help you understand how to make your voice heard and be an advocate for remodelers and small businesses. The course will go over how to succinctly present an issue, how to make “the ask,” and how to follow up to get a response. Grassroots mobilization will also be covered, as well as enhancing your voice through coalitions. You will also learn how to use the NARI website to identify your elected officials and communicate with them.
The webinar will be led by three former elected officials:
The Honorable Tim Hutchinson
Former U.S. Senator and Congressman
The Honorable Charlie Bass
Former U.S. Congressman
The Honorable Albert Wynn
Former U.S. Congressman
Randi Hutchinson, Esq., an attorney and former Congressional staffer will also participate.
Understanding and Implementing OSHA's New Silica Standard for Construction
On March 25, 2016 OSHA issued a new rule to better protect workers exposed to respirable crystalline silica on the job. The rule will affect many home remodelers who work with concrete, brick, stone, and other crystalline silica-containing materials. This webinar will review the key provisions in the new standard for construction and explain what home remodelers need to do to comply with the standard.
Utilizing Technology to Increase Profits: Is Technology a Time Saver or Time Waster.
Leslie Shiner of The ShinerGroup will discuss the current state of technology and what is best to use to maximize your business.
Understanding your Businesses Metrics
Have you ever wondered what really makes your business work?
We are having a one-hour webinar with Henry Goudreau, C.S.L., author, business coach, speaker and founder of HG & Associates, Inc. Henry has been coaching contractors for over 20 years and has developed a proven method to understanding what makes your business work.
In this one-hour webinar, he will show you what business metrics are, how to develop them, and what metrics you need to understand to instantly improve your remodeling business.
- Exactly why you want to know your business metrics, and how to leverage them for your success.
- What metrics you need to focus on.
- How you can easily drive more money to your bottom-line by using your business metrics.
If you ever dreamed of owning a remodeling business that works for you, this is the MUST-HAVE webinar you need to attend.