What is the value of NARI membership?
People join a professional trade association for a variety of reasons. Some want to use the logo as a marketing tool to gain more customers. Some want the networking and educational opportunities so they can strengthen their business practices. Others want access to the recognition program, again to use for marketing purposes.
NARI recognizes that its members are a diverse group with a variety of needs to help them save time and money when it comes to operating their businesses. This slide presentation breaks down the member benefits by buckets, to help you easily find the bucket for the items important to you, as well as how to easily access these tools.
- Use content from the NARI.org Website’s Homeowner tab to help you educate your potential clients on the remodeling process and what they need to know from beginning to end.
- Download NARI logos from the Members Only side of NARI.org to promote your membership.
- Use NARI tip sheets as additional content for your Website, e-newsletter, blog and social media pages.
- If you’re speaking to a community audience, NARI has PowerPoint presentations already put together for you to customize and use.
- Having difficulty articulating why your membership or certification matters to your potential clients? Downloadable letters will help you with this messaging.
- Want to get your name in front of the media? Use NARI’s press release templates and contact firstname.lastname@example.org for a media list for your local area.
- NARI provides a Safe Business Checklist of best practices in areas such as advertising, business practices, social media and more.
- Webinars are available 24/7 on NARI’s Knowledge Community, in such subject areas as best business practices, sales and marketing, design, green remodeling, human resources and project management. Each Webinar is good for 1 CEU.
- NARI Radio podcasts provide you with quick business tips from industry experts.
- NARI’s prep programs and certifications provide you with stronger craftsmanship skills in addition to teaching better business practices. Certifications are a sales tool for you to demonstrate your dedication to excellence.
- NARI University offers a year-long program of discussion groups and Webinars to help you create a solid business.
- NARI’s lobbyist represents the interests in Washington, D.C.
- NARI on the Hill e-newsletter provides background on the issues NARI is working on within the federal government and alerts members to issues they need to be aware of that could impact their businesses.
- NARI’s active Government Affairs Committee has set Federal Advocacy Priorities and meets with agencies such as the Environmental Protection Agency, Occupational Safety and Health Administration, Department of Labor and key congressional leaders to further those priorities.
- NARI works within several alliances to further NARI member interests in such items as tax reform, energy-efficiency tax credits and the Lead Renovation, Repair & Painting rule.
- NARI has been working with Fred Miller of Consumer Specialists for nearly two years on industry-specific research.
- NARI’s yearly Member Profile Study provides a snapshot of NARI membership. It’s compared each year to a similar survey conducted by the Home Improvement Research Institute, which has shown that NARI members generate more sales, produce more sales per employee and have a more sophisticated sales approach than the industry at large.
- The Remodeling Business Pulse Survey provides a quarterly snapshot of how the residential remodeling industry is doing, in terms of business conditions, conversion rates of bids and value of jobs sold. This data helps members make quicker business decisions to respond to the rapidly changing marketplace.
- The CotY (Contractor of the Year) Awards recognizes project excellence in 26 different categories, ranging from kitchen, baths, additions, exteriors, whole house, commercial and more. NEW: This year the online entry system makes it easier than ever to enter!
- The Green Project Recognition is an initiative that recognizes remodeling projects that meet sustainable building and energy standards.
- The Universal Design Project Recognition is an initiative that recognizes remodeling projects that meet universal design criteria specified by room.
- Achievement Awards recognize outstanding achievements by individuals, companies and chapters that promotes and enhances the professional remodeling industry.
- The Home Depot rebate program provides a 2% rebate on all purchases, paid out twice a year.
- Intelligent Estimate is a free online estimation tool.
NARI’s core purpose is to advance and promote the remodeling industry’s professionalism, product and vital purpose. If there are additional ways in which NARI can be assisting your company via membership, we’d love to know about them. Please feel free to call (847) 989-9271 or e-mail email@example.com.
| 9/17/2013 12:00:00 AM