NARI Certified remodeling Project Managers (CRPMs) are the field personnel who oversee every aspect of the project: customer satisfaction, personnel management, administration, etc. while working on the project or projects.
To qualify for the CRPM designation, applicants must meet the following:
- Be employed by or own a firm primarily engaged in remodeling that operates in compliance with the NARI Code of Ethics and Standards of Practice
- Completed at least 16 hours of continuing education directly related to developing project management skills and knowledge or be enrolled in the NARI CRPM education program.
- Successfully completed a comprehensive application that details their background and experience
- Meet one of the follow three requirements:
Two (2) years continuous experience in the remodeling industry (any role) AND Three (3) years as a remodeling project manager.
Four (4) years continuous experience in the remodeling industry (any role) AND Three (3) years of experience as a remodeling project manager AND Four (4) or more year degree in Construction, Project Management, Business Management, or a construction related field.
- Three (3) years of continuous experience in remodeling (any role) AND One (1) year of experience as a remodeling project manager AND Achieved either the Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM®) or Project Management Professional (PMP®) credential through the Project Management Institute (PMI).
- Receive NARI’s approval of the application
- Successfully complete a written examination (in one sitting) that covers the six CRPM knowledge domains: project planning, communications, project cost management, quality assurance, recordkeeping, and risk management.
Fees for certification:
$400*/member After June 30 $500
$600/non-member After June 30 $700
Annual renewal fee:
*If an applicant is found to not be qualified to sit for the exam, this feel will be refunded, minus a $100 processing charge.