NARI Universal Design Certified Professionals are recognized as experienced remodelers with skills and knowledge in all aspects of universal design and remodeling.
- Be primarily engaged in remodeling.
- Have a minimum of two years continuous experience in the remodeling industry
- Adhere to NARI’s Standards of Practice and Code of Ethics
- Completed a minimum of 8 hours of universal design remodeling/building-related education or be enrolled in the NARI Universal Design course.
- Successfully completed a comprehensive application that details their background and experience
- Successfully complete a written examination addressing knowledge areas related to universal design fundamentals, client needs assessments, project design, construction techniques, electrical systems, plumbing systems and exterior universal design considerations.
- Submit all required application materials and fees.
Click here to download UDCP Program Manual and Application.
Fees for certification:
$250*/member After June 30 $400
$350/non-member After June 30 $500
Annual renewal fee:
*If an applicant is found to not be qualified to sit for the exam, this feel will be refunded, minus a $100 processing charge.