NARI has developed a strong network of knowledgeable speakers on a variety of topics relevant to the remodeling industry.
Each year, we deliver dozens of live educational webinars to give you access to the most up-to-date content.
These educational sessions will give you many actionable ideas you can implement in your company to boost profitability and overall operational effectiveness.
Each webinar is worth one Continuing Education Unit (hour).
Redefining Kitchen Design While Improving Health and Wellness
September 17th at 12 pm Central Time
Presented by Sub-Zero, Wolf, Cove
Whether you are taking this course in 2020 or beyond, you have lived through an unprecedented global pandemic that has changed how we approach life. What it means to work, socialize with friends and family, and even prepare a meal altered drastically within the space of a few weeks. People who barely knew how to turn on their oven started experimenting in the kitchen; others, accustomed to dining out, found themselves food prepping for weeks at a time; and many people with families, partners, or roommates found themselves once again gathering together at meal times. Included in all of its life-altering impacts, the pandemic has changed the way we live at home, including how we utilize our kitchens, home offices, and technology.
- Examine how the kitchen has evolved from a utilitarian to social space and how recent COVID-19 events may further this evolution.
- Explore the idea of a wellness kitchen and how kitchen design can improve wellness and nutrition.
- Discover how kitchen appliances, both large and small, optimize food preservation, minimize stress in the kitchen, and help people stay connected.
- Analyze how working from home will affect future residential design, and how kitchen appliances can be incorporated into a home office.
Universal Design Applied to the Bathroom and Kitchen
September 24th at 12 pm Central Time
This course reviews both ADA and universal design guidelines and discusses compelling reasons for recommending universal design in your kitchen and bathroom projects. No longer limited to ADA product and an institutional look, you are empowered to exceed expectations with this new worldview.
At the end of this program, participants will be able to:
- Understand the concepts of universal design and how it enhances consumer's daily well-being.
- Compare the ADA and universal design guidelines and explain the differences.
- Learn the seven Principles of Universal Design and how to incorporate these principles into your projects.
- Determine the capabilities of your clients and effectively apply universal design principals when specifying kitchen and bathroom fixtures and faucets.
- Be inspired to create positive changes in the lives of others; impacting your clients' health and well-being through the power of design.