Certified Kitchen and Bath Remodeler (CKBR)
NARI Certified Kitchen and Bath Remodelers (CKBR) are professionals who specialize in kitchen and bath remodeling projects. CKBRs possess honed expertise in materials, layout and installation particular to kitchen and bath renovations, making them an indispensable resource to clients with these specific project needs.
The CKBR Program addresses the fundamentals of managing kitchen and bath renovations:
- Sound business operations and procedures necessary for operational efficiency and increased profitability
- Key financial indicators a remodeler/business owner must manage
- Various marketing tools kitchen and bath remodelers use to promote their services
- Navigating building codes and communicating with code officials
- Job site evaluation and identifying hidden defects and unknown conditions
- Capabilities of the various trades required on the kitchen and bath remodeling project and how to determine if the work is performed correctly
Why pursue certification?
Managing a kitchen and bath remodeling business or project requires expertise in a variety of core business principles and technical skill areas to assure maximized project/business profitability.
- Advance your business skill set for increased company profitability, project timeliness, and streamline of project operations
- Position yourself as an indispensable resource for your clients with kitchen and bath project needs
- Validate your professionalism, expertise and dedication to client satisfaction
- Increase your visibility in a crowded marketplace
- Develop your professional skill set and set your career in remodeling up for success
- Currently employed by or own a firm engaged in the remodeling of kitchens and bathrooms
- Minimum of five (5) years continuous experience in the remodeling industry
- Have completed a minimum or four kitchens and/or bathrooms per year
- Minimum of 16 hours of continuing education
- Complete CKBR application and submit to NARI for review along with certification fee.
- Application review by NARI Certification staff to assure applicant meets eligibility criteria
- Upon application approval, the applicant has the option to attend a study group at your local NARI chapter, participate in NARI’s Certified Kitchen and Bath Remodeler online study group, or self-study. Register for the online course via the CKBR application.
- Successfully complete a comprehensive 200 question examination under the supervision of an examination proctor.
Annual renewal fee
Online study group fee
Certification Exam Schedule
August 27 - September 9, 2018
December 3 - 16, 2018
May 6 - 19, 2019
August 26 - September 8, 2019
December 2 - 17, 2019