Certified Remodeler/Certified Remodeler Specialist/Certified Remodeler Associate (CR/CRS/CRA)
Certified Remodeler (CR)
NARI Certified Remodelers (CR) are recognized as highly experienced remodeling professionals who provide a full range of remodeling services. CRs possess expertise in a broad range of business management and technical skill areas, identifying them as well-rounded remodeling experts capable of managing all aspects of a remodeling project.
The CR Program addresses the fundamentals of managing a full range remodeling operation:
- Sound business operations and procedures necessary for operational efficiency and increased profitability
- Key financial indicators a remodeler/business owner must manage
- Various marketing tools remodelers use to promote their services
- Navigating building codes and communicating with code officials
- Job site evaluation and identifying hidden defects and unknown conditions
- Green remodeling and building science
- Capabilities of the various trades required on the remodeling project and how to determine if the work is performed correctly
Why pursue certification?
Managing a remodeling business or full-service remodeling projects requires expertise in a variety of core business principles and technical skill areas to assure maximized project/business profitability.
- Advance your business skill set for increased company profitability, project timeliness, and streamline of project operations
- Prove your ability to manage all aspects of a complex remodeling project
- Validate your professionalism, expertise and dedication to client satisfaction
- Increase your visibility in a crowded marketplace
- Develop your professional skill set and set your career in remodeling up for success
- Currently employed by or own a firm that derives at least 90% of its sales volume through remodeling work
- Minimum of five (5) years continuous experience in the remodeling industry
- Minimum of 16 hours of continuing education
- Complete CR application and submit to NARI for review along with certification fee.
- Application review by NARI Certification staff to assure applicant meets eligibility criteria.
- Upon application approval, the applicant has the option to attend a study group at their local NARI chapter, participate in NARI’s Certified Remodeler online study group, or self-study. Register for the course via the CR application.
- Successfully complete a comprehensive 200 question examination under the supervision of an examination proctor.
Certified Remodeler Specialist (CRS)
NARI Certified Remodeler Specialists (CRS) are specialized remodeling professionals who focus on one specific type of service, such as concrete and masonry, electrical, insulation, mechanical systems, plumbing systems, roofing and siding, etc.
To qualify for CRS certification, applicants must meet the same requirements as a CR.
Certified Remodeler Associate (CRA)
NARI Certified Remodeler Associates (CRA) are professionals who actively support the remodeling industry in professions such as architects, designers, manufacturers, suppliers, and consultants.
To qualify for CRA certification, applicants must meet the same requirements as a CR.
Annual renewal fee
Online prep program fee
Certification Exam Schedule
May 6 - 19, 2019
August 26 - September 8, 2019
December 2 - 17, 2019