Universal Design Certified Professional (UDCP)
NARI Universal Design Certified Professionals (UDCP) are recognized as experienced remodelers, skilled in all aspects of universal design and remodeling.
The UDCP Program addresses the key concepts of Universal Design as applied to residential remodeling:
- Conducting client needs assessments
- Universal design applications used in residential remodeling
- Construction techniques used to implement universal design to a remodeling project
- Plumbing and electrical systems unique to universal design
- Differences between model building codes and ones described in the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Why pursue certification?
With increased national life expectancy, the demand for universal design projects has steadily grown. This rise in demand offers remodeling contractors an excellent opportunity to both diversify and grow their business. Clients demand specific expertise in this area to award you their business.
As a Universal Design Certified Professional you will:
- Position yourself as an indispensable resource to your clients with universal design project needs
- Validate your professionalism, expertise and dedication to quality
- Increase your visibility in a crowded marketplace
- Develop your professional skill set and set your career in remodeling up for success
- Complete UDCP application and submit to NARI for review along with certification fee.
- Application review by NARI Certification staff to assure applicant meets eligibility criteria.
- Upon application approval, the applicant has the option to attend a study group at your local NARI chapter, participate in NARI’s Universal Design Certified Professional online prep course, or self-study. Register for the online course via the UDCP application.
- Successfully complete a comprehensive 90 question examination under the supervision of an examination proctor.
Annual renewal fee
Online prep program fee
Certification Exam Schedule
August 27 - September 9, 2018
December 3 - 16, 2018
May 6 - 19, 2019
August 26 - September 8, 2019
December 2 - 17, 2019