Certified Lead Carpenter (CLC)
- Are you a Lead Carpenter for remodeling projects?
- Do you control remodeling projects from start to finish and provide the balance of the carpentry on the project?
- Are you looking for a way to set yourself apart from the competition?
If so, then NARI’s CLC designation may be for you.
Key Points Covered:
- You will learn how increase the profitability of your projects
- You will learn the project management technique to help you maintain your project on time and on budget
- You will learn the ins and outs of building codes and dealing with code officials
- You will learn the fundamental of interpersonal communications with client and trade contractors
- You will learn the capabilities of the various trades required on the remodeling project and now to determine if the job is done right
- And much, much more
The CLC Study Group will fine tune your competencies in all areas essential to success as residential Lead Carpenter. The CLC Study Group is a facilitated program that will build your knowledge in all areas of residential remodeling and serves as preparation for the Certified Lead Carpenter (CLC) exam.
NARI Certified Lead Carpenters (CLCs) are the hands-on field personnel who oversee every aspect of the project: customer satisfaction, personnel management, administration, etc. while working on the project.
To qualify for the CLC designation, applicants must meet all of the following:
- Have a minimum of five years continuous practice in the remodeling industry, with at least two of those years as a lead carpenter - defined as a remodeling professional who is involved in tasks and has responsibilities beyond the technical production aspects of a project; he or she is responsible for customer contact and communication, supervision of subcontractors and employees, managing the job site, scheduling, and safety issues
- Adhere to NARI’s Standards of Practice and Code of Ethics
- Successfully completed a comprehensive application that details his/her background and experience
- Successfully complete a half-day written examination on preconstruction issues, technical knowledge, and special skills (people and job management)
- Submit all required application materials and fees
Fees for certification:
Annual renewal fee:
*If an applicant is found to not be qualified to sit for the exam, this fee will be refunded, minus a $100 processing charge.
Fees for the online prep program:
**NO refunds will be provided for any reason for cancellations 48 hours prior to the class start date.