NARI has developed a strong network of knowledgeable speakers on a variety of topics relevant to the remodeling industry.
Each year, we deliver dozens of live educational webinars to give you access to the most up-to-date content.
These educational sessions will give you many actionable ideas you can implement in your company to boost profitability and overall operational effectiveness.
Each webinar is worth one Continuing Education Unit (hour).
Organizing for Success: 5 Steps to Implement Standard Operating Procedures
Thursday, June 22, 2023 @ 12:00 PM CST
This session will take business owners through a systematic 5-step process to implement "standard operating procedures" within their company. This is a required step for any owner who wants to lessen company dependence on them as an owner, and to begin to effectively delegate day-to-day responsibility. With effective delegation, the owner can begin to take on more of a "strategic" role within his/her company, working on the business as well as working in the business. This is a key to becoming a true business owner.
- Discover new ways to systematize company operations
- Identify organizational needs and how to respond to them
- Create a framework for identifying specific tasks for every position in your company
- Discover how to create "standard operating procedures" needed to manage more effectively
About the Presenter
David Lupberger draws on more than two decades of experience in the residential remodeling field to work with remodelers in developing proven business systems. David consults with both Remodelers and industry manufacturers to maximize customer service relationships between all the industry partners. He travels extensively, speaking to thousands of remodelers across the country and is a regular at national trade shows. He is also a columnist for numerous industry trade magazines.
Is Your Remodeling Business Prepared for a Recession?
Thursday, July 20, 2023 @ 12:00 PM CST
We all know the next one is approaching; the run-up to a recession starts with a subtle cooling after a hot market, and many are feeling that cooling already. The next recession may be inevitable, but its impact on a remodeling GC can be surprisingly controllable. While the usual advice may be valid (save money, trim your expenses, reduce your debt), there is a more head-on approach to addressing the underlying problems and developing a meaningful strategy to succeed and prosper. In this session, you will learn three key areas and be provided tools to protect your business and profits in an economic downturn that will also ensure your long-term business success.
Improve Margins by Plugging Profit Leaks
- Understand the real costs of production and accounting for all costs within the project.
- Build business projections based on actual overhead and targeted net profit to know exactly how many jobs per year you need to achieve your goal.
- Identify and fix profit leaks. There are many profit leaks we see in the remodeling business that account for 4-8% slippage in profit. Fixing these areas will increase efficiency and profitability.
Understand and Manage Your Job Mix
- Not all jobs have the same risk and return. Selecting the best jobs for each remodeler based on your strengths and abilities will improve efficiency and profit.
- Identify the right job mix for your business and build projections to identify how many of each type of jobs you need to achieve your goals.
- Refine staffing needed for each job mix and understand the true cost of low production.
Targeted Marketing To Your Ideal Client
- Identify your ideal client based on the business model desired and how to differentiate your business to attract the right clients.
- Build marketing funnels that will consistently attract the clients you want.
- Tracking marketing leads and conversion rates to fill your pipeline with the best jobs.
About the Presenter
Fred Farris currently serves as CEO of The Aspire Institute. For over 18 years, Fred has imparted wisdom and proven business methods to thousands of business owners, with a laser focus on residential general contractors (GCs). Together with the Aspire Coaches, GCs learn how to fully take control of their bottom lines and achieve better work-life balance at the same time.
Profit More/Work Less
Thursday, August 24, 2023 @ 12:00 PM CST
Have you ever wondered why you don’t have more money in the bank when you’ve been working so hard? Would you like to have the clarity and confidence to know exactly what you could do to increase your bottom line, have more cash in the bank and work less? If all that sounds too good to be true, let Vicki Suiter show you how you can make it your reality. For over two decades she has been helping remodelers like you make more money, have more free time, and ultimately enjoy their work more than ever before!
In this webinar, Vicki will share strategies and secrets for keeping your prices up, and costs down, and show you how to build up your bottom line -- all at the same time!
- Learn which critical areas of focus will have the biggest impact on your bottom line.
- Discover what strategies successful contractors use to make a consistent profit.
- Get the straight scoop on how cutting prices to stay competitive will destroy your business.
- Find out the single most important business practice that can transform your business and change your life."
About the Presenter
Vicki Suiter helps contractors see their businesses differently, then gives them the tools to do things differently. Since beginning her business in 1990, Vicki has helped hundreds of remodelers achieve the kind of success they never dreamed possible. Today, in addition to consulting, Vicki is an in-demand speaker at industry conferences nationally, where her presentations are consistently ranked among their most popular.