NARI has developed a strong network of knowledgeable speakers on a variety of topics relevant to the remodeling industry.
Each year, we deliver dozens of live educational webinars to give you access to the most up-to-date content.
These educational sessions will give you many actionable ideas you can implement in your company to boost profitability and overall operational effectiveness.
Each webinar is worth one Continuing Education Unit (hour).
Knock the Socks off Your Clients: Rendering and Presentation Techniques
October 17, 2019 at 12 pm Central Time
Presented by John Morgan of 2020 Spaces
With almost Sci-Fi quality technology swirling around them, Clients today expect (sometimes demand) to be Wowed when it comes to designer presentations. And knocking their socks off is imperative to all of us to close that sale. But great renderings and presentations can do so much more for our businesses. They can help set the right client expectations up front to prevent issues later. Preventing future issues protects our margins. They can easily offer multiple design options and make it easier to for all of us to make smart decisions in design. That leads to happy customers. And they can help inspire clients to both works with us and create their future spaces.
Join me in this session as I share best practices in the most advanced, yet easy design, rendering and presentation technique used by successful designers just like you. From design technology to digital output to true Virtual Reality experiences … we’ll learn a lot and have some fun too.
• Discuss best practices in leveraging previous projects to inspire clients
• Learn quick techniques in evolving renderings into marketing quality presentations
• Learn how to easily and affordably incorporate 360 immersive views and Virtual Reality into your presentation process
Specifying High Performing Ventilation for Luxury Kitchens
October 22, 2019 at 12 pm Central Time
Ventilation is a vitally important factor in the design, construction and operation of luxury kitchens. Without adequate ventilation and an ample supply of clean makeup air, no kitchen will operate efficiently or safely for the occupants. This course will discuss the different types of ventilation systems available and how to incorporate ventilation without sacrificing design and style. In addition, the course will address the importance of ventilation for the space and occupant health.
- Analyze how poor ventilation impacts air quality and puts the health and wellness of occupants in a home at risk
- Compare and contrast cooking style, exhaust sizing ventilation placement specifications that are necessary to ensure proper ventilation of the home
- Explore the impact that blowers, ducts, and makeup air have on improving the health of occupants through proper ventilation
- Examine types of ventilation available, such as a range, island, or downdraft, and understand how to specify appropriately for occupant comfort and health
Luxury Outdoor Kitchens
November 14, 2019 at 12 pm Central Time
Presented by Sub-Zero, Wolf, Cove
This educational unit has been designed to educate architects, designers, contractors and installers about Luxury Outdoor Kitchens and options for design and layout, for product specification, installation and proper use. By understanding these topics, building professionals will be in a better position to serve their clients and help create upscale outdoor spaces that greatly enhance a home's functionality, enjoyment and value.
- Describe design considerations and ideas for outdoor kitchen layout
- Discuss the variety of luxury products available for outdoor kitchens and how those differ from indoor products
- List installation, utility and deck/patio requirements for luxury outdoor kitchen products
- Explain proper use and care of outdoor products for sustained appearance and performance
November 19, 2019 at 12 pm Central Time
This session will begin with how to develop your sales process for success. This will start with a preplan, move into how to Dollarize your opportunity, teach you how to actively listen for best results, how to communicate best with your prospects and have you document your sales process. Any person interested in increasing their revenue will want to attend this session.
The Contractor's Guide to Local SEO
December 12, 2019 at 12 pm Central Time
Description: As a contractor, the majority of your effort should be spent running your business. You don’t have time to scour the internet trying to learn local SEO. This webinar will cover the most important local SEO topics for contractors including: your website, Google My Business, online reviews, business listings, measuring success, and whether or not to hire a professional to help. Webinar attendees will be offered a free website analysis and a copy of The Contractor’s Guide To Local SEO.
- Learn about the value of your website and which elements are the most important to focus on.
- Hear the latest tips to optimize your Google My Business profile and why it’s important to do so.
- Discover best practices for obtaining more online reviews and hear tips on how to handle the dreaded negative one.
- Learn about online business listings and what role they play in rankings today.
- Hear about tracking the results from your website and which metrics are the most important.
- Hear the pros and cons of DIY and professional SEO services.
Best Practices for Designing Kitchen Islands
December 17, 2019 at 12 pm Central Time
A well-designed kitchen island is much more than an afterthought; preferably, it is an integral part of the kitchen’s ability to serve the occupant’s needs. Over the years, kitchen islands have evolved to offer homeowners and designers more than just extra counter space; instead, the kitchen island has become a unique opportunity for customization.
When specifying a kitchen island, the first step is determining the function of the island. The ideal kitchen island requires as much planning and consideration as the rest of a well-designed kitchen. This multi-purpose space provides designers with creative options, such as a cooking workstation, a prep workstation, seating for guests, a breakfast bar, or even home office area.
This course begins with an overview of the kitchen island’s purpose and then narrows down to best practices for specification of storage, countertops, and undercounter appliances, as well as lighting, ventilation, specialty appliances, and computer charging stations.