NARI has developed a strong network of knowledgeable speakers on a variety of topics relevant to the remodeling industry.
Each year, we deliver dozens of live educational webinars to give you access to the most up-to-date content.
These educational sessions will give you many actionable ideas you can implement in your company to boost profitability and overall operational effectiveness.
Each webinar is worth one Continuing Education Unit (hour).
What You Can Learn from Shark Tank
April 23, 2019 at 12 pm Central Time
Shark Tank is not only a popular TV show, but a great learning opportunity to help you make your business more successful. The questions that the sharks ask are important for any business owner to be able to answer. Learn about improving profitability through better understanding of your pricing, including markups and margins. Be sure that you are recognizing revenue appropriately so you can truly measure your profitability. Do you know how to make revenue projections? Do you have healthy financial statements? Learn how to make your company successful enough to have the sharks in the Shark Tank be willing to invest.
- Correctly measure and track margins, by profit center, to make good business decisions
- Determine true labor costs to better manage projects
- Uncover direct job costs hiding in your overhead costs to better manage margins
- Create sound financial statements to correctly measure profitability
Job Costing with QuickBooks Desktop
May 16, 2019 at 12 pm - 1:30 pm Central Time
One of the most important things you can learn about your business is whether (and where) you’re making or losing money. The session will look at the process of creating a job budget (estimate) in QuickBooks and populating job-related reports with actual costs so you know where you stand throughout the production process and by the end of the job.
Specific areas covered will be:
- Understanding the difference in levels of detail required in the estimate process vs. the job costing process
- Review the importance of aligning estimating and job costing categories
- Creating a QuickBooks estimate (the basis of comparing actual costs to budgeted costs)
- Populating job cost reports
- Getting fully burdened labor costs into QuickBooks job cost reports (whether you run in-house payroll or outsource it)
- Interpreting reports
- Creating and tracking change orders
This session is geared towards intermediate QuickBooks users, specifically those whose existing setups aren’t giving them the information they need.
Neighborhood Marketing to Capitalize on Your Jobsite Presence
May 23, 2019 at 12 pm Central Time
Turn a single job into multiple jobs, by leveraging hyper-local marketing activities around your active jobsite.
Neighborhood marketing capitalizes on your presence in a neighborhood to generate leads from nearby homeowners.
This webinar will focus on building a neighborhood marketing strategy, and implementing a range of marketing activities to drive awareness and preference for your brand.
Your next lead could be next door!
- Learn how to leverage your jobsite presence to grow your brand’s reputation and ultimately generate leads in a neighborhood.
- Learn how to target, cadence and execute multiple traditional and digital marketing tactics
- Learn methodologies that make neighborhood marketing more effective
Building a Marketing Plan for Results
June 25, 2019 at 12 pm Central Time
Companies and business in the Remodeling Industry are under increased pressure to drive sales growth and ROI even with elevated costs for labor and materials. This webinar will walk you through the advantages of bridging the gap between the sales and marketing teams to build a growth model intuitive enough to help your team understand what it takes from a marketing perspective to surpass your sales goals.
- Attendees will learn how to leverage their internal stakeholders to build a strategy that key players can align with and build as one unified team.
- Attendees will gain strategy insight of how to better define and understand their target audience to ensure marketing spend is deployed to drive growth.
- Attendees will learn the advantages of sales and marketing team working together in order to create a predictive growth model based on marketing spend.
- Attendees will gain skills and strategies that can help enhance their existing marketing plans to deliver on their business objectives.