CotY New Category Features Architectural Design
NARI is excited to announce the addition of Residential Architectural Design categories to this year’s CotY Awards.
Residential architectural design refers to the process of creating and planning the layout, structure, and aesthetics of homes and residential buildings. It involves designing living spaces that are functional, aesthetically pleasing, and suited to the needs and preferences of the clients.
In residential architectural design, it’s important to not only create visually appealing spaces but also to address practical considerations and ensure that the building meets the needs of its occupants while adhering to building regulations and environmental responsibility.
Here are some aspects you may want to think about when creating your entry:
- Consider the flow of movement within the home, the relationships between different spaces, and how each room serves its purpose.
- Functionality: A well-designed residential space should cater to the needs and lifestyles of the clients. Carefully consider the activities that will take place in each area and design accordingly.
- Aesthetics: Residential architecture strongly emphasizes aesthetics and creates visually appealing living spaces.
- Materials and Finishes: Selecting appropriate materials and finishes is essential for the home's structural integrity and visual appeal. Consider durability, maintenance, and environmental impact when choosing materials.
- Customization: Work closely with the homeowners to understand their preferences and create personalized spaces.
Residential Architectural Design Under/Over 500 sq ft - New Residential remodeling projects focusing on architectural design under/over 500 square feet. Submissions should include full design plans, including site plans, floor plans, elevations and renderings, and a minimum of one scaled drawing. If you did not hold the contract for this project, you must have the general contractor sign a separate form that allows you to enter the project in this category. The project does not need to be completed. The design must be completed within the CotY project dates.
| 8/9/2023 11:58:08 AM