Certified Lead Carpenter (CLC)
NARI Certified Lead Carpenters (CLC) are recognized as expert hands-on field professionals who oversee every on-site aspect of the project, such as personnel management, subcontractor management, scheduling, safety, administration, customer satisfaction, etc. while also working on the site.
The CLC Program addresses the fundamentals of in-the-field project management:
- Operational practices and procedures designed to maintain projects on time and on budget for increased profitability
- Personnel management for optimization of workflow
- Navigating building codes and communicating with code officials
- Interpersonal communication with clients and trade contractors
- Capabilities of the various trades required on the remodeling project and how to determine if the work is performed correctly
Why pursue certification?
- Advance your management skill set for increased project timeliness and profitability
- Position yourself as an indispensable on-site resource for your employer and clients whose projects you are managing
- Validate your professionalism, expertise and dedication to client satisfaction
- Increase your visibility in a crowded marketplace
- Develop your professional skill set and set your career in remodeling up for success
- Minimum of five (5) years continuous experience in the remodeling industry, with at least two (2) years as a lead carpenter
- Complete CLC application and submit to NARI for review along with certification fee.
- Application review by NARI Certification staff to assure applicant meets eligibility criteria
- Upon application approval, the applicant has the option to attend a study group at your local chapter, participate in NARI’s Certified Lead Carpenter online study group, or self-study. Register for the online study group via the CLC application.
- Successfully complete a comprehensive 180 question examination under the supervision of an examination proctor.
Annual renewal fee
Online prep program fee
Certification Exam Schedule
August 27 - September 9, 2018
December 3 - 16, 2018
May 6 - 19, 2019
August 26 - September 8, 2019
December 2 - 17, 2019